Re: [BUG] swish-e 2.0.5 hangs on 200 Kb index

From: Darryl Friesen <Darryl.Friesen(at)not-real.usask.ca>
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 17:14:48 GMT
> >Right.  You can't follow symbolic links when spidering a web server.
>
> You can in 2.0.5.  Check out the config file that I sent with the
> bug report.  I'll add that little bit of info to the SWISH-CONFIG page.

You mean 2.0.5 didn't complain about the directive like 2.1 does.  I doubt
it had any meaning.  Following symlinks doesn't make sense in terms of web
servers;  there just aren't any symlinks to follow.  They're a local (unix)
file system concept.

My guess (without looking at any of the code, or having used 2.0.5) is that
2.1 is just more strict in parsing the config file, and which directives it
allows based on the indexing method you're using.

- Darryl

  Darryl Friesen, B.Sc., Programmer/Analyst    Darryl.Friesen@usask.ca
  Education & Research Technology Services,     http://gollum.usask.ca/
  Information Technology Services Division,
  University of Saskatchewan
  "Go not to the Elves for counsel, for they will say both no and yes"