Re: Quick question

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 06:45:55 GMT
At 11:24 PM 04/11/02 -0700, Colin Kuskie wrote:
>Bill Moseley <moseley@hank.org> wrote:
>
>> At 10:38 PM 04/11/02 -0700, Colin Kuskie wrote:
>> >True, but I'd like to use the module/CGI interface.
>>
>> I wouldn't bother unless you have some specific reasons for doing so.
>
>Isn't it more secure than passing stuff on the command line?

Yes.  But I don't pass commands through the command line.

Perl?  perldoc perlsec and perldoc perlipc "Safe Pipe Opens".

>rpm -q zlib
>zlib-1.1.3-6
>
>Maybe I need a more up to date zlib?  That's pretty easy to try,
>but tomorrow.

No, not for swish, but yes, considering that there's a security patch out
for zlib now.

Again, compress2 is used for compressing large properties into the index
file.  The call to compress2 is only compiled in when you use --with-zlib
in ./configure.  Did you build with --with-zlib?

Argh, this unix library stuff confuses me.  Why would zlib not get loaded
at run time?

What's the output from ldd src/swish-e?
How about nm src/libswish-e.a  | grep compress2

mailto:moseley@hank.org