Re: Quick question

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Thu Apr 11 2002 - 22:05:39 GMT
On Thu, 2002-04-11 at 15:36, Bill Moseley wrote:
> At 11:10 AM 04/11/02 -0700, Colin Kuskie wrote:
> >The open source philosophy is release often and early.  But that assumes
> >that users can actually build the releases, and your current CVS
> >snapshot process prevents that.
>
> We do release often.  We release daily!
> Why do you say that the CVS snapshot prevents that?

Well, it might be worth noting here that we do make the effort to ensure
CVS compiles before each new daily snapshot is taken.  I'll wait, for
example, until AFTER a snapshot occurs to commit changes so I have a
full day to work out potential problems.  And, we (err, Bill) have
disabled the daily snapshots process when we know there may be problems
with the build process.

--
 David Norris
  Augury Net - http://augur.homeip.net/