Re: Quick question

From: Gerald Klaas <gklaas(at)not-real.arb.ca.gov>
Date: Thu Apr 11 2002 - 20:58:14 GMT
Bill Moseley wrote:
> Semantics is the problem.
>
> It's been so long since 2.1-dev didn't compile or wasn't stable that I
> think it is the daily released version!

Indeed, semantics is the problem.  Another approach might be to replace
the "dev" in 2.1-dev with "build", that way 2.1-dev-20020411 can
be 2.1-build.101 (i.e. The same system as today but the name implies
the "stable build")

> For everyone else "dev" means buggy or not finished.

In swish-e language, "dev" means least buggy, most finished :-)
Who *would* want anything else? IMHO.

> We do release often.  We release daily!

So maybe give it a Julian-date "build" number?

Gerald