Re: Quick question

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Thu Apr 11 2002 - 18:15:24 GMT
On Thu, 2002-04-11 at 12:47, SRE wrote:
> With some software, "released" means "supported", and that
> means most bugs will be fixed in the released version WITHOUT
> requiring an upgrade. Upgrades are scary, especially from a
> released to a development version.

Well, there's the problem.  We could stand to have some people who are
willing to work on backporting certain things.  We probably should have
a STABLE branch where only important changes (bug fixes et al) are
allowed.  Perhaps the problem is that we don't have anyone with CVS
access who needs a STABLE branch.  I think someone who needs a stable
branch would be in the best position to maintain it.  They might be able
to make more informed judgments about what should be backported.

--
 David Norris
  Augury Net - http://augur.homeip.net/