page title problem

From: Egglezos <cool(at)not-real.biznet.com.gr>
Date: Mon Apr 01 2002 - 13:26:31 GMT
When I observed the results of a swish-e search I saw that in some cases the
first letter of the title (Greek characters)  was clipped and so was the
end. So I put the first letter two times in the title but I hade the same
result. I put an other Greek letter from an other result and this time the
title was not clipped and the, previously first letter, now second was
shown. I tried the hole Greek alphabet and came to the conclusion that the
same 70% was clipped. The strange thing is that this letters have no
relationship like maybe being the same or different  to the lateen letters
but thatís not the case. Is the relation at a binary level? And even so why
dose this happen?

Any one have an idea ?

By the way its not my perl script it happens on the command line too.

I am starting to think this is a bug and I should report it. But I would
like to have your opinion first.

to a plain text message.