Re: WordCharacters problem

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 14:27:52 GMT
At 06:09 AM 3/27/2002 -0800, Egglezos wrote:
>Swish is case sensitive when it comes foreign languages.

I think that depends on your locale setting.  It uses tolower() which
should respect your locale setting.  I've never tested with any other
locale settings, so it would be great for someone to do that and post what
they find.

>I am not complaining. We used swish 1.1.1. It indexed Greek words but with
>case sensitivity so I decided to see what was new and I came across swish
>2.0.5 with the “TranslateCharacters” that some how remedies my problem
>indexing all Greek words with uppercase Greek characters (I don’t even know
>if it will work).
>I downloaded it. I compiled it (without any configuration on my behalf).
>Now my swish dose not index Greek words.

You should use 2.1-dev.  The way TranslateCharacters works was changed.
Also, I think 2.1 has a better default WordCharacters setting.  (Not to
mention is faster, has better support, many bug fixes, documentation...)

Just to note, there's also a feature documented to define the sort order of
characters.  I don't believe that feature is working yet.

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org