Script suggestions

From: Ron Weales <ron(at)>
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 18:45:51 GMT
I have been using swish-e to index a File System running on RH=
and it seems to work alright but I am looking for more options in=
searching.  Currently the script I use as a front end only allows=
alphanumeric characters in its search of the index.  So if I want=
search for "E.03", I have to change it to "E03".

Can anyone suggest a search script that will allow searching the=
index for more than just alphanumerics?

to a plain text message.