Re: cross-platform compatible indexes

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 15:01:41 GMT
On Fri, 22 Mar 2002 01:44:30 -0800 (PST) Sundaram Balasubramaninan

> We too encounter with identically the same situation.
> We tried in transferring content into ASCII mode.But
> same error of "Auto property rank not defined "  is
> thrown on the console. As u said some thing needs to
> be looked into.

You do not want to transfer in ASCII mode.  The index is a binary file.

If I transfer in ASCII mode I don't get that same error, but I do get

   err: Severe index error in header

If I transfer from Windows 98 to Linux in binary mode it works.  Again, I'm using versions of swish I know are the same.  If you are using the binary Win32 distribution it is possible that the files are out of sync, even if the dev version number matches.

Bill Moseley