Re: SWISH-E status on windows

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 17:42:20 GMT
At 09:26 AM 03/13/02 -0800, David L Norris wrote:
>On Wed, 2002-03-13 at 09:14, Markus Strickler wrote:
>> I was wondering what's the stat of swish-e on windows.

>> Another question, do I get it right, that the search.cgi
>> script that comes with the windows distro doesn't work on Windows?
>
>I think it should work fine.
>
>Bill: Does it require the PERL module?

The swish.cgi script in the 2.1-dev dist runs on Windows last time I
checked.  It does not require any extra modules loaded from CPAN.

I'm obligated to say that it may not be secure to run on Windows, since the
query is passed through the shell.  I don't know what that means on
Windows, but it seems risky.  And from the amount of CERT notices I see I'm
not sure how safe it is running IIS.

mailto:moseley@hank.org