Re: libxml2 and Win32

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 14:12:50 GMT
At 02:21 AM 3/13/2002 -0800, GUEGAN Ronald wrote:

>I'm using Windows 2000. I have seen many messages talking about
>libxml2, but I'm unable to use it, as the default distribution uses the old
>parser.
>
>Could someone tell me if I can activate libxml2 with the
>"swish-e-2.1-dev-25-2002-02-25-win32.exe"
>distribution ?

I believe that libxml2 was compiled with that version.  So to use it you
just set the parser type with

  IndexContents HTML2 .html .htm

and/or

  DefaultContents HTML2

>Why libxml2 isn't the default parser ? It seems to me that everybody using
>SWISH-E intensively are using
>libxml2. So why still having the old parser  that can't get the job done
>correctly ?

It is bundled with Win32.  For source builds the main reason is that it's
an extra step if libxml2 isn't already installed.  So the old default
parsers still let swish work "out of the box".  The old HTML parser works
ok, but it can get confused and doesn't offer the extra features available
with libxml2.

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org