Re: specifying sort causes all ranks to be 1000

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 21:23:38 GMT
At 12:03 PM 02/28/02 -0800, Fred Toth wrote:
>I think I've just hit a bug. If I specify a sort option (-s), the sort works
>just fine, except that all the ranks come out as 1000. It doesn't matter
>what I sort on. Any sort causes the problem.

Thanks.  Looks like that was broken on Nov 12th.  Rank optimization was
done that weekend to help with someone that was indexing about 3 million
documents.  Need to wait and ask Jose what the best fix is.

I think was the intent to avoid calculating the rank until we were sure it
would be needed.  The flag to say that the rank is needed is missing,
perhaps.

For the short term, you can fix like this:

       -w foo -s swishtitle swishrank desc

That will make it calculate the ranks.

mailto:moseley@hank.org