Re: MetaName grouping follow up

From: Gerald Klaas <gklaas(at)not-real.arb.ca.gov>
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 19:25:41 GMT
Bill,
Although I think the "perfect fit" for my needs is the config
option during index so that I could do something like:

MetaNameGroup swishdefault swishdefault keywords

I appreciate your forward looking approach of recognizing the
utility of being able to adjust the ranking weights of different
classes.  Although it took me a bit to figure it out, I didn't
have any trouble getting my CGI to use the available search
options to get what I needed.  Initially, I had forgotten to
take into account that the input query string could include
"and" and "or", so I had to make sure that I quoted and paren-ed
the -w option in the swish-search command line.
---snip---
swish-search -w "keywords=(ozone and nox) or (ozone and nox)"
-m 20 -b 0 -H 0 -f indexes/i_*.index
---end snip---

IMHO: Because it's so easy to implement this in the CGI, and you've
given code to do so for the included script, I'm hoping you'll
add the above to the "someday maybe..." pile and be back to other
developments, like maybe implementing rank weighting in config
directives instead of config.h  ;-)

Thanks again for all of your help and supporting such a useful
product in the open source license, it's working out great here.
And please ignore anything I just said that disagrees with your
own plans, except the compliment, you're doing amazing work.
(Thanks to David and Jose, too.)

Gerald Klaas