Re: indexing and Windows

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 06:17:52 GMT
On Sun, 2002-02-24 at 17:09, Gaye Karagulle wrote:
> I want to learn that if I can use swish-e in Windows
> environment, to extract the keywords (with their
> frequencies) of MS Word or txt documents.

You'll need to read the manual section on how to use filters.  You'll
want catdoc or something similar to have SWISH-E filter the Word
documents.  Anything which filters Word docs into XML, HTML, or text
should be usable.

Document Filter Directives:
http://www.swish-e.org/2.2/docs/SWISH-CONFIG.html#Document_Filter_Directives

A native version of catdoc for Windows:
  http://www.webaugur.com/wares/files/catdoc-0.91.4-win32.zip

I wouldn't use any other version of catdoc with SWISH-E.  I ported this
version to Win32.  The DOS version doesn't work correctly with SWISH-E.

> I don't have time to read all the documentation, can
> you give me a clue about where I can find the
> documentation only for "running in Windows
> environment"?

There is nothing system specific in SWISH-E.  It should work exactly the
same between Windows, Unix and any other system.  If it doesn't then
it's probably a bug.

Current SWISH-E Manual:
  http://www.swish-e.org/2.2/docs/

Current Windows build of SWISH-E:
 http://www.swish-e.org/Download/swish-e-2.1-dev-25-2002-02-23-win32.exe

--
 David Norris
  Augury Net - http://augur.homeip.net/

  "If you stare into an abyss long enough
   it begins to stare back into you."  --Nietzsche