Re: swish-e-2.0.5; intermittent loop in search and

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 06:09:15 GMT
At 09:53 PM 02/21/02 -0800, Eric T. Jorgensen wrote:
>Sample command...
>
>% swish-e -S http -c conf.x
>..(writes to 'swish.x')...
>
>% swish-e -w testing -f swish.x
>(works well, no loop)
>
>% swish-e -w test -f swish.x
>(loops with data below)

This all sounds familiar.  Like a bug that might have been fixed months ago
in the dev version.

>It's a stumper at the moment.  Any ideas out there?

Yes, upgrade. ;)

>It would be a "production" environment eventually, so I'd prefer to stick
>with the "stable" one (although today's 2.1 devel version compiled, it
>failed 'make test's filesystem test).

2.0.5 is over a year behind in development and bug fixes.  Use 2.1-dev and
don't use merge.

How is make test failing in 2.1?

There's a lot on spidering with 2.1 in the archives, too.  Install libxml2
if you can, as it's a much better parser than swish-e's internal parser.
See INSTALL doc for details.

Come back if you have any questions at all.

mailto:moseley@hank.org