Non-Delivery of: SWISH-E digest 1102

From: <swish-e(at)>
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 07:50:11 GMT

Intended recipients: Kees Vonk @ uktransco
Failure reason: User Kees Vonk (Kees Vonk@uktransco) not listed in public Name & Address Book
Notes From Header (contains routing information):
 From: @ gateway@Gateway@UKTRANSCO

                            SWISH-E Digest 1102

Topics covered in this issue include:

  1) Spidering under win32
        by "Cristiano Corsani" <>

Topic No. 1

Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 08:45:12 +0100
From: "Cristiano Corsani" <>
To: <>
Subject: Spidering under win32

Hi all,

I'm using swish-e win32 version (1.2 dev 25). It works fine
for my goal (indexing db records).

Now i would like to try spidering. I search for a while on
documentation and discussion and it is not so clear how it
works. I search also in source (http.c) and I saw that swish-e
need  perl script that is not distributed with
win32 version.

So first o all: where can I find it? Only in unix/linux version?
I sarch on CVS and I didn't find it (probably I don't search in
the right place...)

Are you considering the possibility of writing a c version of
spider? Perl is not so used on win32 ... Well you can say
that I can write by my self a c spider program that I can
use with -S prog argument. it is not a simple thing to do :-)

Can you suggest somehing?

swish-e team, many thanks for all your works!

Cristiano Corsani
Biblioteca Nazionale Centrale di Firenze
Piazza Cavalleggeri 1
50122 Firenze
Tel.: +39 055 24919 220

End of SWISH-E Digest 1102