Spidering under win32

From: Cristiano Corsani <cristiano.corsani(at)not-real.bncf.firenze.sbn.it>
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 07:42:40 GMT
Hi all,

I'm using swish-e win32 version (1.2 dev 25). It works fine
for my goal (indexing db records).

Now i would like to try spidering. I search for a while on
documentation and discussion and it is not so clear how it
works. I search also in source (http.c) and I saw that swish-e
need  perl script spider.pl that is not distributed with
win32 version.

So first o all: where can I find it? Only in unix/linux version?
I sarch on CVS and I didn't find it (probably I don't search in
the right place...)

Are you considering the possibility of writing a c version of
spider? Perl is not so used on win32 ... Well you can say
that I can write by my self a c spider program that I can
use with -S prog argument. it is not a simple thing to do :-)

Can you suggest somehing?

swish-e team, many thanks for all your works!

Cristiano Corsani
Biblioteca Nazionale Centrale di Firenze
Piazza Cavalleggeri 1
50122 Firenze
Tel.: +39 055 24919 220
mailto:cristiano.corsani@bncf.firenze.sbn.it