Re: Error dealing with long pathnames in Win32

From: David L Norris <dave(at)>
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 17:13:31 GMT
On Tue, 2002-02-19 at 12:02, Bill Moseley wrote:
> What exactly is the error your are receiving?

Reading through MSDN now...  OFS_MAXPATHNAME is 128 bytes on Windows
(any version).  Some functions we are using are limited (No Workaround)
to 128 byte pathnames.  Windows happily allows a buffer overrun on
longer names.

I'm curious to know if this is the problem.  I suspect it very well
could be.  If this is the problem then I should be able to fix it with
some more work on dirent.c.  I'm going to hunt around MSDN and see if
anyone at Microsoft has updated the dirent.c example.

 David Norris
  Dave's Web -
  Augury Net -
  ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039
  E-Mail -

  "If you stare into an abyss long enough
   it begins to stare back into you."  --Nietzsche