Re: Error dealing with long pathnames in Win32

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 17:13:31 GMT
On Tue, 2002-02-19 at 12:02, Bill Moseley wrote:
> What exactly is the error your are receiving?

Reading through MSDN now...  OFS_MAXPATHNAME is 128 bytes on Windows
(any version).  Some functions we are using are limited (No Workaround)
to 128 byte pathnames.  Windows happily allows a buffer overrun on
longer names.

I'm curious to know if this is the problem.  I suspect it very well
could be.  If this is the problem then I should be able to fix it with
some more work on dirent.c.  I'm going to hunt around MSDN and see if
anyone at Microsoft has updated the dirent.c example.

--
 David Norris
  Augury Net - http://augur.homeip.net/

  "If you stare into an abyss long enough
   it begins to stare back into you."  --Nietzsche