Re: Error dealing with long pathnames in Win32

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 17:02:59 GMT
At 08:38 AM 02/19/02 -0800, Fabiano Cattaneo wrote:
>Hi,
>I recently found that swish-e 2.1 dev 20 is not able to index file systems
>with deeply nested directory structures, under Windows 2000.
>I can provide any volunteer with a config file and example dir tree that are
>causing the crashes.

What exactly is the error your are receiving?

Do you believe that it's due to memory limitations or too deep of
recursion?  Hard to imagine that you would be out of RAM for storing
recursed directory names.  (Take a look at fs.c indexadir() to see how it
all works.)

If you know some perl, you might try recrusing your directory tree using
File::Find to see if that has any problems.  If that manages to work then
you can use -S prog with DirTree.pl to index those files if all else fails.
 See DirTree.pl for example of using Perl's File::Find.

I don't have a Win2k Box for testing.

mailto:moseley@hank.org