Re: win port of latest swish.cgi

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Sun Feb 17 2002 - 05:12:24 GMT
On Sat, 2002-02-16 at 18:06, Sundaram Balasubramaninan wrote:
> When i execute swish.cgi script shipped with win port
> the search screen gets displaced. When i fire the
> query with search word , i am not getting the results
> as well "no documents found" message.

My guess is that something is wrong with the way the script is
configured.  Although, I'm not familiar with swish.cgi at all.

Bill: Does the CGI test for the existance of the swish-e executable?
Perhaps it's simply not finding it.  Would that generate some error?

> Is it due to fork? (used in script which is not
> supported in Win)

I'm fairly sure nothing forks.  Forking on Win32 will simply hang
forever.  You'd never see any messages from the CGI.

> How to overcome?
> Do u have any other win port of this swish.cgi (this
> one is used in swish discussion forum & as well
> shipped in the win  port)

What version of Windows are you using?  Windows NT, 2000, and XP should
work fine.  Some DOS-based versions of Windows may not work correctly.

--
 David Norris
  Augury Net - http://augur.homeip.net/

  "If you stare into an abyss long enough
   it begins to stare back into you."  --Nietzsche