Re: SWISH-E vs PERLFECT SEARCH

From: Avi Rappoport <avi-list(at)not-real.searchtools.com>
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 20:02:03 GMT
In my experience, Perlfect Search can't handle that many documents,
and I'm not entirely sure where SWISH-E's limits are either.

Both products are search engines, not databases, and store their
information in inverted indexes which are not designed to be
addressable externally.  They can use a web browser interface to
provide access to multiple users.  The files indexed must be
accessible via the browser or Perlfect search will not work.

Best of luck,

Avi

--
Complete Guide to Search Engines for Web Sites and Intranets
    <http://www.searchtools.com>