Re: -v option for merges

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 21:31:31 GMT
At 01:18 PM 02/14/02 -0800, Robert Ln wrote:
>This is a minor detail, but in the most recent windows
>binary version (2.1-dev-25) the -v verbosity switch does not
>seem to be working for merges (-M). Regardless of the value
>(i use -v 0) I get a full report of the merge. Since I collect the
>stdout from swish and display it on a web page, I would like to
>keep the output size at a minimum.

Hi Robert,

What would be helpful is to know what output you would like to see at
different levels of -v.  I rarely use merge (because it's so slow and
memory intensive compared to normal indexing), so it would be helpful to
get suggestions from someone that does use it.

Thanks,

mailto:moseley@hank.org