Re: Problems with spider.pl on windows 98 SE

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 17:12:53 GMT
At 08:55 AM 02/13/02 -0800, Adam Edelman wrote:
>> You might try adding a blank line in your sample document, just in case
>> that's causing problems.

I meant after the last <html>, but I don't think that's really the problem.

>Thanks for the fast response!  I got pretty much the same thing as before so
>I assume the spider is working.  It seems as if the parser is never being
>called when it runs with swish.  Could this have to do with windows
>inability to generate a SIGHUP? Thanks again.

No, I don't think so.  Try running with some trace options turned on:

      -T parsed_words

Then you will see if swish-e is reading any words.

Did you try my exact config that I posted?  Odd if it works on Win98 but
not on SE.  Or maybe not.  Did you try installing Linux first? ;)

mailto:moseley@hank.org