Re: Problems with on windows 98 SE

From: Adam Edelman <aedelma(at)>
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 16:56:13 GMT
> Could there be some issue with Windows SE?
> Try running just the spider:
>    perl prog-bin/ > out

> You might try adding a blank line in your sample document, just in case
> that's causing problems.

Thanks for the fast response!  I got pretty much the same thing as before so
I assume the spider is working.  It seems as if the parser is never being
called when it runs with swish.  Could this have to do with windows
inability to generate a SIGHUP? Thanks again.

c:\SWISH-E>perl Reading parameters from ''

 -- Starting to spider: --
?Testing 'test_url' user supplied function #1
+Passed all 1 tests for 'test_url' user supplied function
?Testing 'test_response' user supplied function #1
+Passed all 1 tests for 'test_response' user supplied function
>> +Fetched 0 Cnt: 1 200 OK
text/html 33 parent:
! Found 0 links in Max indexed files Reached

Summary for:
Total Bytes: 33  (33.0/sec)
 Total Docs:  1  (1.0/sec)
Unique URLs:  1  (1.0/sec)