Re: ParseHighlight

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 13:27:36 GMT
At 05:10 AM 02/08/02 -0800, Håkan Strandberg wrote:
>Yes. I get &nbsp; codes between the highlighted search words. I belive
>this portion of text i generated by the ParseHighlight.pm and then send
>on to TemplateDefault.pm.

Not that I remember.  PhraseHighlight.pm just places highlighting code
around the words.  There's not "&nbsp;" in that module.

Is it possible that you indexed source that had &nbsp; escaped?  Then swish
would consider that as text and store it as a property.  Take a look at
your HTML source, and see if it's not written like "&amp;nbsp;".  Also,
take a look at the output from swish directly and see if that is stored in
your index:

   ./swish-e -w $query -p swishdescription

where $query is the query needed to fetch the record that's showing &nbsp;
If this is the case, I'd like to see the source document that was indexed
just to make sure swish isn't getting confused while indexing.

mailto:moseley@hank.org