Re: Swishe winNT and UNC name???

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 20:28:52 GMT
On Wed, 2002-02-06 at 14:28, Merritt, Robert wrote:
> Funny thing is it generates some kind of index cause I get some hits
> 3 (17 meg) using UNC  vs 309 (50 meg) using mapped drive

Well, for what it's worth, I'm looking at it.  I'm beginning to think
I'll have to rewrite (or replace) most of the file and directory I/O
routines (in win32/dirent.c).

GetFileAttributes returns FILE_ATTRIBUTE_DIRECTORY (i.e. file is
directory) for a UNC directory where our hacked up opendir() using
stat() (Written by Microsoft, mind you) returns "File Doesn't Exist."

For now, can you map to a drive letter?  ;-)  Wheeee!

--
 David Norris
  Augury Net - http://augur.homeip.net/

  "Rely on the mind in your head