Re: Win32 swishe and the pdftotext.exe

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Sat Feb 02 2002 - 14:22:21 GMT
On Sat, 2 Feb 2002, Merritt, Robert wrote:
> I was trying to figure out how to make use of the pdftotext.exe tool to index PDFs on a windows platform.
> >From reading the doc I see the unix method of redirecting all out put to the null dev using the pdftotext.sh
> so I did somethinng like:
> ctty nul:
>  pdftotext.exe  %1% >con:
> ctty con:
>
> so hopefully that is equivelant script wise now my question is how do I apply this to only *.pdfs
> is the a place in the config file where I can enter to use this script/filter on pdfs when it fs spiders across them???

Sure a lot of Windows questions lately!

The FileFilter directive takes a file extention.

If you are indexing a lot of pdf files you might find running a batch
script for each file takes a bit of time compared to just running the
pdftotext program directly from the FileFilter directive.  I'd really be
interested to see the difference on Windows between using a .bat script as
the filter vs. running the program directly.

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org