Re: pdf2html.pm and File::Temp.pm

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 00:25:53 GMT
At 03:55 PM 01/30/02 -0800, Gerald Klaas wrote:
>Use of uninitialized value at /app/swish/prog-bin/pdf2html.pm line 108.

Argh.  I see the bug:

        return \$txt if ref;

should be

        return \$txt;

That's my cut-n-paste problem.

>It seems to odd to me that initializing a variable can cause
>an "use of uninitialized variable" error.

That just means one of the variables in that <<EOF block is not set.  That
module can be passed a filename or content in a scalar variable (-S fs
knows the file name, but spidering just has the content in memory).

That ref thing was letting the code pass down to code that's not suppose to
be used for spidering.

Sorry.  Yes, I didn't test that before posting....

mailto:moseley@hank.org