Re: and

From: Gerald Klaas <gklaas(at)>
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 23:55:37 GMT
Gerald Klaas wrote:

> I have downloaded the patch, but haven't installed it yet so I could do the
> pdfinfo test you suggested.

I have now replaced the with the one you placed on CVS
this morning (thanks!)

Currently, in my testing, I see a bunch of lines like
>> +Fetched 3 Cnt: 379 200 OK a
pplication/pdf 357404 parent:
Use of uninitialized value at /app/swish/prog-bin/ line 108.

Of course I can ignore the warning message, as it doesn't seem to be affecting
anything, but I am curious, since line 108 in is
the line " my $ret = <<EOF; " out of the following block.

    if ( ref $file_or_content ) {
        unlink $file;
        return \$txt if ref;

    my $mtime  = (stat $file )[9];

    my $size = length $txt;

    my $ret = <<EOF;
Last-Mtime: $mtime
Path-Name: $file

---end snip---

It seems to odd to me that initializing a variable can cause
an "use of uninitialized variable" error.  Do you think that
now that $file is unlinked earlier, is it causing an error in
the return ($ret) using $file in the Path-Name: header?