Back to List Archive and

From: Gerald Klaas <gklaas(at)>
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 18:34:45 GMT
I am using the -S prog method to index an intranet server.
My has a function to to use for
converting pdf files.

I am currently seeing a lot of these errors
-Skipped due to 'filter_content'
user supplied function #1 death '../src/ Failed close on pipe to pdfin
fo for /tmp/Gpcivvv24w: 256 at /app/swish/prog-bin/ line 138.
---end snip---

line 138 in is
close $sym or die "$0: Failed close on pipe to pdfinfo for $file: $?";

Can someone help me with troubleshooting tips to figure out why this
is having trouble closing the file?

On a possibly related issue, the is using
I notice that my /tmp directory fills up with random name files during
the run, and then they're all deleted after the run completes.
What can I change to remove the temp file as soon it's been fed to
swish, rather than wait to the end of the spider run?

Gerald Klaas