Re: MetaName search not working, yet StoreDescription

From: Gordon Jessop <gjessop(at)not-real.advansis.com>
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 18:21:14 GMT
Bill Moseley wrote:

> Gordon Jessop wrote:
>
>>    FileRules filename contains "\.jsp$"
>
> I think that should be the same as IndexOnly .jsp

I thought FileRules were there to exclude, not include.  I'm trying not to
index any .jsp files.

>From http://swish-e.org/2.2/docs/SWISH-CONFIG.html#item_FileRules

"FileRules and FileMatch are used to, respectively, exclude and include
files and directories to index."

>> The Content:
>>
>> I have to index a series of jscript source files.  Each file would contain
>> something like:
>>

>> // <title>Guns and Butter</title>
>>
>> globalPackage.description = '<meta_description>Some indexable words like
>> supply and demand, guns and butter.</meta_description>';
>> globalPackage.author = '<meta_author>Gordon Jessop</meta_author>';
>> globalPackage.foo = '1';
>> globalPackage.bar = 'checked';
>> globalPackage.blah = '123456';
>
> I think you can only use <meta_description> with libxml2.  If I remember

I'll try this.  Which version of libxml2 is recommended?  There are so many
and very confusing!

> This is what I'd do:  I would take DirTree.pl and use that to grab your
> files.  Then parse the file by regular expressions extracting out what you
> need.  Then format as XML or HTML and send it off to swish.
>
> That way you have full control over what is indexed, and under what
> metanames and properties.  Does that make sense?

Yes, it makes sense in theory, but not practical for our needs.

>> Note: Due to imposed constraints, I am unable to use the proper <META
>> Name="name" CONTENT="content"> syntax and have settled for the option
>> described in the 2.2 docs (i.e. <meta_description>...</meta_description>)
>
> Again, I think that's only for libxml2.  Can you remind me where that is in
> the 2.2 docs?

I found it here:

http://swish-e.org/2.2/docs/SWISH-CONFIG.html#Document_Contents_Directives

Under "MetaNames *list of names*"