Ok..I tried that...

From: Rich Thomas <thomasr(at)not-real.buffalo.edu>
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 17:28:09 GMT
I copied the swish.cgi to my apache/cgi-bin.  Edited the path where perl
lives.  took out the -w and commented out the use strict.
ie:
#!/usr/bin/perl
package SwishSearch;
#use strict;
use lib qw(/usr/local/lib/modules );  ### This must be adjusted!

Put X infront of daterange routine.  Now I get the search page fine but I
get no results.  Not that it tells me there were no words found.  It just
doesn't really even change the screen.

I tried running the test.pl script in the perl directory and got the
follwing error:

Can't locate loadable object for module SWISHE in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/perl5/5.00503/sun4-solaris /usr/perl5/5.00503
/usr/perl5/site_perl/5.005/sun4-solaris /usr/perl5/site_perl/5.005 .) at
./test.pl line 13
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./test.pl line 13.

I'm ready to start over from scratch.....

Rich

At 04:45 AM 01/25/02 -0800, Rich Thomas wrote:
>Bill,
>
>You said you'd need to see my cgi script to see why I get no Descriptions.
>Here's the script and the output:

Hi Rich,

You said yesterday about the script:

"It's basically swish.cgi modified for our site with no secondary
sorts or date routine."

No it's not, it's a completely different script.

You said before that:

"How do I get output that looks like a search on the swish-e discussion
list?"

Why do you use the swish.cgi script that's in the "example" directory?
That is the exact script used for the swish-e discussion list.

With that script you can get your content output, along with content
highlighting? (and I get to debug a script that I wrote ;)

>#!/usr/bin/perl

No -w or "use strict" here.  Aborting...

mailto:moseley@hank.org