From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 13:38:33 GMT
At 03:44 AM 1/24/2002 -0800, Cristiano Corsani wrote:
>after have solvedmy swis-e c lib compilation problem thanks to
>David Norris (manuy thanks) I started to use this lib....what is
>the problem?
>The documentation it seems to be very old regarding the source code.

That's very possible.  The library hooks into swish internals and that's
where the development is taking place.

>Where can I find some new docs? Where ca I find some new example?
>I can't retrive the FileName (not the fileindex) of my result
>(the struct returned from SwishNext)...

Odd.  The source code will be the best place to look.  But for a higher
level example, look at the perl module (in the perl directory) and it's XS

The SWISHE.xs file is an interface between perl and the C library.  That
should give you a good idea how things work.  The file will show
you how that code in test.xs is called from perl, which may not be as

Look at the INSTALL doc on how to build the perl module, but it's basically:

perl Makefile.PL
make test

And then you can see that it's able to read the index via the C library.

Good luck,

Bill Moseley