Re: Re: HTTP method config

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 21:27:18 GMT
Is this the kind of list noise that makes people unsubscribe?? ;)

At 12:46 PM 01/16/02 -0800, David L Norris wrote:
>So, I suppose the problem is to get people to read the docs.  Aside from
>having the executable nag everyone to read the docs on errors I don't
>know what we could do.

Answer questions on this list?

Actually, it doesn't do much good for us to discuss this.  It would be much
better to hear from new users how to make it easier.

So, take a look at http://swish-e.org/2.2/docs/INSTALL.html

I assume everyone has to read at least that document, so that's why right
after INSTALLATION is a section on how to get help, and then a section on
basic usage, hopefully to get people started.

I'm not sure I every really tried all that, and I'd love to have someone
edit it and make sure it makes sense for someone just starting out.

And things are especially hard for Windows users, I expect, since swish
does not offer an easy GUI which I'd bet most Windows users expect.  I even
find it hard to use in windows, but that's because I'm not used to using
"edit" and the DOS prompt.

>Do you suppose we could switch the default parser to HTML2 if libxml2
>support is enabled?  This should be trivial with an ifdef, I'd think.
>You have any thoughts on that?  I can't fathom why someone would
>actually want to use the old HTML parser.

Hum, good idea.  It's a much better parser.  The old HTML parser is more
forgiving for really poor HTML.  I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a
bad thing.

Then we could be mean and turn on the ParserWarnLevel and have swish
(libxml2) report all the problems with poorly written HTML! ;)

mailto:moseley@hank.org