Re: Compiling problem for win32 swish-e C library

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Sat Jan 12 2002 - 18:45:43 GMT
On Sat, 2002-01-12 at 13:05, Bill Moseley wrote:
> Oh, cool, I'd forgot about that.  I just looked at what was installed on my
> Windows machine.

I double checked a few minutes ago to make sure the installer wasn't
mangling something.

> Is the plan to have two binaries, one for Win NT/2000 that includes libxml2
> and the other for Win 98/ME w/o libxml2?  Am I remembering that correctly? ;)

That should be an option.  I don't like it, though.  My preference would
be to compile libxml2 for Win32 in a manner which works on Win9x.  I've
been unable to get it to compile using MSVC, though.  The MSVC project
files with libxml2 were not usable last I checked.  The libxml2
libraries, which don't work on 9x, appear to be compiled with MinGW32.
However, I have not managed to compile libxml2 with MinGW32.  Been
preoccupied past few weeks.  I'll try to spend some time on it this
weekend.

--
 David Norris
  Augury Net - http://augur.homeip.net/