Re: formatting results page

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 18:57:16 GMT
At 10:40 AM 01/10/02 -0800, Patrick Krug wrote:
>I have been tasked to look at enhancing our search engine results page.  I
>saw that the programmer used swishe.  The problem is that the page displayed
>only displays the URL link.  It does not display the page title or any
>excerpt from the text found on the page.  All the programs are written in
>Java and I have never used Perl.  What I was wondering if the output from
>swishe provides the page title and excerpt from the page and where I can be
>pointed to modify this?  I looked at the examples provided and did not look
>anything what is provided on my site.

Do you want to use Perl?  If so, there's a script in the current dev
distribution that does all this.  You can see it at:

       http://swish-e.org/Discussion/search/swish.cgi

Otherwise, depending on how you generate results, look at -p and -x
switches for getting swish to tell you more interesting things.
StoreDescription is used to store content in the swish index.

Compile the current dev versions with zlib to compress content stored in
the index.  Read the online 2.1-dev documentation for more info.

mailto:moseley@hank.org