Re: Greek Web pages

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 22:45:12 GMT
At 02:01 PM 01/09/02 -0800, Panos Adam wrote:
>Hi list.
>My questions are:
>
>1) Can SWISH-E indexing system index Web pages containing Greek texts?

Probably.  Maybe.

Swish just works with 8-bit characters, so ISO-8859-7 should be ok.
Swish converts to lower case, so I'd expect you would need to set your
locale to make that happen in a reasonable way.

Sorting might also be an issue.  There is *almost* a way to define the sort
order in swish, but it has not been fully implemented.  That would allow
you to define the sort order as you please.  Again, setting your locale
correctly might be enough.

How that all works on Windows is unknown to me.

>2) Can it work on Windows 98 OS in an Intranet ?

Can swish work on Windows 98?  Sure, it works on my Win 98 machine.

mailto:moseley@hank.org