Re: SWISH-E is hanging

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 14:54:59 GMT
Sorry, I take it back.

The index I had that was hanging on all words, and even though I have the
same config file that generated that index (of the Apache Server
documentation), I does not hang when I reindex.  It might have been some
index I used while testing.

So, we are back to square one, which was that URL I posted, asking for your
version, config file, and a sample doc that shows the problem.  Use grep of
find or whatever Windows has to locate the doc(s) that contain that word,
and then try indexing just that/those and see if it still hangs.  If so,
send me those files.  If that doesn't isolate the problem into a few small
files then you will need to zip-up all the files you are indexing and put
them someplace where I can download them.

Then if I can't duplicate the problem after all that, then maybe David N.
can try it in Windows, and if it hands, run a it in his debugger.

And if that doesn't work, you can install Linux. :-)

mailto:moseley@hank.org