Re: SWISH-E is hanging

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 14:33:32 GMT
At 09:06 AM 01/04/02 -0500, Rafael Marcus wrote:
>I am not sure which document I should find. The problem is for the
>word "dereference"  swish-e doesn't respond and hangs indefinitely
>and for "reference" or any other word I get a lot of answers. I couldn't
>yet find any other word causing a similar situation as the one created by
>"dereference". Probably someone who knows the internals of swish-e
>may have an idea.

Well, yesterday when you posted that I quickly built an index with
"dereference" which, of course, didn't hang.  So just now I started to write:
"I doubt that swish-e has any specific dislike for the word 'dereference'".
but (just to make sure;) I search for it in another index I had around and
it indeed hung!

So, I'll take a look later today, although I'm not sure I can recreate the
index that causes the problem.

Here's the backtrace incase Jose's watching:

#3  0x4013e338 in _IO_getc (fp=0x80ebca0) at getc.c:39
#4  0x8057977 in uncompress1 (fp=0x80ebca0, f_getc=0x80493b0 <fgetc>) at
compress.c:104
#5  0x8064080 in DB_ReadWordHash_Native (word=0x80ec138 "dereference",
wordID=0xbffff694, db=0x40268008)
    at db_native.c:1067