Re: Problem with indexing xml with "prog" option

From: Cristiano Corsani <cristiano.corsani(at)not-real.bncf.firenze.sbn.it>
Date: Fri Dec 28 2001 - 17:30:38 GMT
Hi,

I finally solve the problem related to indexing with swish-e
on w2000 and access DB.

I wrote the script for "prog" option in vbs but it can't work
(I mean I did not let it work :-) because of echo method
limits: it send a CR+LF every time. Bill told me that swish-e
doesn't like LF but he want only CR = "\n". It is true :-).

I don't use perl so I decided to write the script in
Java, and it works. Now swish-e index my records (~3600 recs for
~18000 words in ~20 second on a w2000 Intel PIII 800 500MbRam).
Now with a well formatted std out swish-e index without problems!

I wrote my new config in this way:
IndexReport 4
ParserWarnLevel 1

IndexContents XML .xml
DefaultContents XML
MetaNames bid title

IndexFile /progetti/swish/catalogo.index

IndexDir /Programmi/JavaSoft/JRE/1.3.0_02/bin/java.exe
SwishProgParameters catalogo

where my script is catalogo.class.

Many thanks to the ones that helped me, I hope that this
could be usefull for some one

Bye

P.S.: I'm Sorry for my "terrible" English

Cristiano Corsani
Biblioteca Nazionale Centrale di Firenze
Piazza Cavalleggeri 1
50122 Firenze
Tel.: +39 055 24919 220
mailto:cristiano.corsani@bncf.firenze.sbn.it