Re: NoContents of files with no extension

From: Alex Lyons <ajlyons(at)not-real.sercoassurance.com>
Date: Wed Dec 19 2001 - 16:02:37 GMT
Dear Developers,

>> So i have a long NoContents list. But there are a number of files
>> that come up which have no extension. As these are not listed
>> under the NoContents directive they are indexed by contents.

> That's one of the problems with those file extension-based directives.

It might help if _all_ decisions based on the file name (or pathname)
were handled by regexps like FileRules does.  I still get confused which
directives only look at suffixes (IndexOnly, NoContents, IndexContents,
FileFilter - I think) and which can do regexps on the whole pathname
(FileRules, FileMatch - I think).

Alex.

privileged material; it is for the intended addressee(s) only. If you
are not a named addressee, you must not use, retain or disclose such
information.

Serco cannot guarantee that the e-mail or any attachments are free
from viruses.

Serco Group plc. Registered in England and Wales. No: 2048608
Registered Office: Dolphin House, Windmill Road, Sunbury-on-Thames,
TW16 7HT, United Kingdom.