Re: Indexing Stopped

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Dec 13 2001 - 23:00:31 GMT
At 11:15 AM 12/13/01 -0800, John Elser wrote:
>Normally, it takes about an hour to complete my index.  But this time, I
added the -e to my command.  It runs about an hour and 15 minutes, then it
just stops. I wonder if I should remove the -e next time.

>Removing very common words...
>  Getting IgnoreLimit stopwords: Complete
>35 words removed by IgnoreLimit:

I'd try without IgnoreLimit.  You now know what words it thinks are common
so you can add them to IgnoreWords.  But, I'd probably just not use
stopwords at all -- otherwise you can use those words in phrases which
might be useful.

Since 15 minutes isn't too long, it would be great if you could run swish
under gdb.  Then when it hangs you can hit ctrl-C and type "bt" to see
where it's stuck.

Something like:
> gdb /usr/local/swish/swish-e
run -e -c /usr/local/swish/opinion.conf