Searching with Meta Tags > ready to give up

From: Rick Ciaccio <rick(at)>
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 21:43:15 GMT

I have been using Swish for years and I like it... I do have a serious problem
though with the manual, I am not a programmer and when I need to set up
something outside general searching, it has me spinning trying to make sense of

I have spent hours trying to block inclusion of meta tags in my searches,
nothing works. I used the command "./swish-e -c site.conf -t keyname" to
compile my search index, where "keyname" is the meta tag I need to use for

I've added "keyname" to my "site.conf" file and it compiles fine, but it
includes all meta tags anyway. Here is a search string using the keyword

I get every dam page in the site because "waves" is in all the "Description"
meta tags. What am I missing? I am ready to look for another search script out
of frustration.