Re: 2K, ASP and no Perl

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 15:55:20 GMT
At 04:01 AM 12/10/2001 -0800, Chris wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have been trying to get swish-e to work in spider mode on 2K using ASP
>to no avail. Unfortunately I cannot use perl in this case and therefore
>need an alternative to spider.pl.

Both the -S http and spider.pl method require perl.

Are you trying to write an ASP web interface for indexing?  Most just index
from the command line, I imagine.

I'd think the easy way would be to grab Perl from Activestate, but if you
can't do that for some reason, then maybe you could write your own program
to spider and pass the docs to swish using -S prog.  I'd imagine since
there are so many tools to grab docs over http in the unix world that there
are probably some utilities in the DOS world to do that, too.

>Finally, the
>recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of
>viruses.  edNET and lightershade ltd accepts no liability for any damage
>caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Right.  Blame it on Outlook ;)

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org