Re: Strange order-dependancy with command

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 02:40:56 GMT
At 06:04 PM 12/03/01 -0800, Malcolm Box wrote:
>I assumed that things like stopwords would be configured through the
>configuration file - I had not mentally "seen" it as an indexing only
>config file.  This is related to the stopwords problem I was having -
>since I was getting results from searching for a stopword, I guessed
>that perhaps I needed to point swish-search at the config file listing
>the stopwords.
>
>If all the information is encoded in the index then obviously I don't
>need to have the config file, and the behaviour I reported makes sense.

Right, it really has to be in the index file since you can search more than
one index at a time.  It's not recommended at all do to the confusing
results, but you can have indexes with different stopwords and
wordcharacters that are all searched at the same time.

>>On the SWISH-SEARCH page there's a reference to the config file, but that's
>>just there as a pointer and wasn't meant as a requirement.  Maybe that's
>>confusing?
>>
>I found it so, that's true.  An explicit "you don't need a config file
>for searching" in the SWISH-SEARCH page would make it clearer, IMHO.

Yes, I'd agree.

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org