Re: Strange order-dependancy with command parameters SymbianUK05/Symbian(Release 5.0.8 |June 18, 2001) at 12/04/2001 02:02:02 AM, Serialize complete at 12/04/2001 02:02:02 AM

From: Malcolm Box <malcolm.box(at)not-real.symbian.com>
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 02:04:09 GMT
Bill Moseley wrote:

>That's odd.  Anyway, why are you trying to specify an indexing
>configuration file while searching?  Is there something in the docs that
>suggested that.

I assumed that things like stopwords would be configured through the
configuration file - I had not mentally "seen" it as an indexing only
config file.  This is related to the stopwords problem I was having -
since I was getting results from searching for a stopword, I guessed
that perhaps I needed to point swish-search at the config file listing
the stopwords.

If all the information is encoded in the index then obviously I don't
need to have the config file, and the behaviour I reported makes sense.

>On the SWISH-SEARCH page there's a reference to the config file, but that's
>just there as a pointer and wasn't meant as a requirement.  Maybe that's
>confusing?

I found it so, that's true.  An explicit "you don't need a config file
for searching" in the SWISH-SEARCH page would make it clearer, IMHO.

Cheers,

Malcolm

Symbian Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 01796587 and registered office at 19 Harcourt Street, London, W1H 4HF, UK.
This message is intended only for use by the named addressee and may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error please notify postmaster@symbian.com and delete the message and any attachments accompanying it immediately. Symbian does not accept liability for any corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses occuring to this message in transit or for any message sent by its employees which is not in compliance with Symbian corporate policy.