Re: catdoc Win32... (long filenames fixed)

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Mon Dec 03 2001 - 18:29:00 GMT
On Mon, 2001-12-03 at 08:23, Bertus Douma wrote:
> it works well. I've tried it now and seem to be working fine. The work-around in
> the command-file isn't necessary anymore so I am very pleased.

Great!  Using a batch file bothered me. :-)

> At the moment I don't know it is the most reliable and complete solution; however word-doc
> are added on the index so I am very happy. And in case I get aware of bugs I will 'ring the bell'.

I tried to test out the main options and anything dealing with files and
directories.  Only real difference between Unix, DOS, and Windows is the
way catdoc handles directory listings and stores filenames.  That's
where I'd expect to find any major problems.

--
 David Norris
  Augury Net - http://augur.homeip.net/

  "I once went to the store to buy a computer but
   the salesman tried to sell me windows instead..."