Re: Problem with foreign characters

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Sun Dec 02 2001 - 23:26:34 GMT
At 11:19 AM 12/02/01 -0800, Zambra - Michael wrote:
>Great. Before compiling I had modified config.h in order to suit it to my
>needs, and included "". But it didn't work (I don't know why).

I don't know either.  If you give me exact sessions like the following,
it's much easier for me to debug.  Not that this seems to work:

> cat c
Wordcharacters abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwzyz

> cat 1.html
Camarn

> ./swish-e -c c -i 1.html -T parsed_words indexed_words -v 0
Indexing Data Source: "File-System"
White-space found word 'Camarn'
    Adding:[swishdefault:1]   'camarn'   Pos:1  Stuct:0x1 ( FILE )
Indexing done!

> ./swish-e -w camarn
# SWISH format: 2.1-dev-24
# Search words: camarn
# Number of hits: 1
# Search time: 0.000 seconds
# Run time: 0.005 seconds
1000 1.html "1.html" 8
.

>I added the following directives to the config file:
>
>WordCharacters  .abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
>BeginCharacters abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
>EndCharacters   abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
>
>but that didn't work either. Strangely enough, version 2.0.5 had worked
>perfectly.

That's works for me:

> cat c
WordCharacters  .abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
BeginCharacters abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
EndCharacters   abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

> ./swish-e -c c -i 1.html -T parsed_words indexed_words -v 0
Indexing Data Source: "File-System"
White-space found word 'Camarn'
    Adding:[swishdefault:1]   'camarn'   Pos:1  Stuct:0x1 ( FILE )
Indexing done!

> ./swish-e -w camarn
# SWISH format: 2.1-dev-24
# Search words: camarn
# Number of hits: 1
# Search time: 0.000 seconds
# Run time: 0.005 seconds
1000 1.html "1.html" 8
.

Try following those commands and see if you get the same output.

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org