Re: help with swish.cgi

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 15:38:48 GMT
At 03:47 AM 11/15/01 -0800, Dan Jianu wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I installed swish-e-2.1-dev24 the release from 26 october. Indexing and
>searching works fine from the command line.
>The reason I post this message is I have encountered some problems with
>swish.cgi from /example directory.
>
>Searching with swish.cgi returns the following result
>Unknown Sort property name "name" in one of the index files
>
>could someone make some light here or give me a hint, please?

Sorry, I need to update that script to work with swish "out-of-the-box"
instead of being just an example.  You have to set the configuration
parameters to work with what you have in your index.

# Property names listed here will be displayed in a table below each result
display_props   => [qw/name email sent/],          # properties to display

You don' have a property called "name" (or probably email or sent either).

Basically, you must tell the script what meta names and what properties you
have in your index.

You will also need to set:
        # Results can be sorted by any of the properties listed here
        # They will be displayed in a drop-down list
        sorts           => [qw/swishrank subject name email sent/],

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org