Re: Filters on WinNT

From: David L Norris <dave(at)>
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 17:29:29 GMT
Bill, are you using the swishe.exe I built the other day?  Can you try
the Aug 5 build?

I had very little trouble using pdftotext with the Aug 5 build.  But, I
do believe the online documentation doesn't match the Aug 5 win32
build.  I seem to recall that the number of parameters changed at some

Something similar to this I believe:
  FileFilter .pdf "pdftotext.exe %p"

I used pdftotext from xpdf found here:

On Tue, 2001-11-06 at 09:27, Bill Moseley wrote:
> I'm also unable to get -S prog to work.

> I tested the other day by building a cygwin version of swish and was able
> to get both filters and -S prog to work, so maybe there's an issue with the
> version built by the microsoft compiler.

There could be a problem with the most recent build (Nov 3 or so).  I've
done minimal testing and some new things may not work right.  I'll try
to do some debugging tonight.

 David Norris
  Dave's Web -
  Augury Net -
  ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039
  E-Mail -

  "I once went to the store to buy a computer but
   the salesman tried to sell me windows instead..."